Gravel and Dirt Road Maintenance Workshop: Dust Off Your Thinking Caps and Make the Grade
Hosted by NHDES Watershed Assistance Section and the NH Association of Conservation Districts and held in Gilford NH on September 29, 2017, this one day workshop was focused on cost effective gravel and dirt road maintenance and improvements while reducing pollutants to protect and restore water quality. The Following presentations are from the workshop.
- When are NHDES Permits Required: Jay Aube, NHDES Shoreland Protection Program Coordinator
- Supporting Your Sub-Base, Team EJP Marketing Representative
- UNH Stormwater Center Gravel Road– Road Management Plan for Brackett and Pond Roads, Wakefield, NH: James Houle, UNH Stormwater Center Program Manager
- A Ditch In Time: Russ Lanoie, Design Construction
- Legal Aspects of Drainage Easements and Right of Way Easements with Dirt Road Maintenance: Mark Stevens, NHDES Land Agent
- Home Owner Association Best Practices for Performing Road Maintenance Responsibilities: Erik Newman, Gallagher, Callahan & Gartrell Director
Requests for Grantee Resources
Need an example of a newspaper add for Request for Qualifications for a consultant? From fulfilling grant requirements to actually getting a project completed, there are a multitude of resources available. DES provides a list of resources for current and potential grantees, however, the best resource can be someone who already did what you are trying to accomplish. Here you can post your request or offer-up what you have and we will link it to the appropriate categories, e.g., “Stuff that Worked”, “Stuff that Didn’t Work,” “Watershed Protection,” etc.