Rain Garden Planning
Resources for Planning a Rain Garden
- Rain Garden Do-It-Yourself Fact Sheet: Includes a list of recommended materials and equipment, step-by-step instructions, and helpful hints for installing a rain garden.
- Native Plants for New England Rain Gardens: This list, developed by NHDES and UNH Cooperative Extension, contains New England native perennials, shrubs, grasses, ferns, rushes, and sedges appropriate for rain gardens and other vegetated stormwater practices.
- The Benefits of Native Plants in Your Garden: A summary of some of the great reasons to use native plants in your gardens
- How to Do a Simple Infiltration Test: Instruction for doing a simple to test to see if a rain garden (or other infiltration practice) will work in your yard.
- Interactive Rain Garden Sizing Calculator: Enter information such as for the surface area to be treated, soil type, and slope to see how they affect the size and cost of a rain garden installation.