The New Hampshire Rivers Council, the only statewide organization dedicated to conserving and protecting the state’s rivers, is seeking a part-time Program Administrator to support and administer the Council’s operations and programs. The ideal candidate is experienced in working with an active nonprofit board of directors, be a self-starter that can manage the Council’s operations, and enjoy the challenge or working with committed volunteers and partners. He or she will have a proven track record in nonprofit operations and support, working with a board of directors, managing multiple projects and grants, operate the organization’s fundraising software and manage membership and other donations, and have excellent written and oral communication skills and a deep appreciation for New Hampshire’s rivers and watersheds. This is an exciting opportunity to provide essential services and to develop new programs and services for a statewide nonprofit organization based in Concord, New Hampshire. Based on funding and other organizational growth that the successful candidate will facilitate, this could become a full-time position with expanded duties and responsibilities. The compensation package is commensurate with experience and a proven track record of organizational and project administration. Learn more about the New Hampshire Rivers Council and download the full position description at www.NHRivers.org.
This position is responsible for administering the essential office functions of the New Hampshire Rivers Council. We are looking for a self-starter with an enthusiasm for river conservation and restoration.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors including attending committee and board meetings and drafting meeting summaries
- Support committee and board meetings and communication
- On a regular basis check voice mail, email, regular mail and respond to calls ,emails, and letters, and perform related office duties
- Use membership management software; Quickbooks Pro; and Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Publisher to create letters, spreadsheets, and other business documents
- Promote the Council’s work using web design software and social media tools
- Generate member renewal mailings, new member solicitations, and annual fund
- Manage projects and grants including tracking deliverables, and budgets and submitting payment requests and grant reports
- Manage events and other outreach opportunities including the Wild & Scenic Film Festival
- Develop, edit, and submit grant applications and solicit other gifts
- Perform related office duties
- Any other duties as required to promote the Council’s work
Reports to: President of the Board of Directors
Position location: New Hampshire Rivers Council headquarters, 54-207 Portsmouth Street, Concord, NH
FLSA status: Non-exempt
Employment status: Part-time, up to 24 hours per week Benefits offered: N/A Position description is posted at http://www.nhrivers.org/documents/pa7.2014.pdf The New Hampshire Rivers Council is an equal opportunity employer. No applicant for employment shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, reprisal for engaging in anti-discrimination activities, protected genetic information, sexual orientation, or parental status.
How to apply By 5:00 PM ET on July 24, 2014, please email cover letter, résumé, three professional references, and a writing sample to SearchCommittee@NHRivers.org. No telephone or email enquiries, please. Michele L. Tremblay, President New Hampshire Rivers Council
— Michele L. Tremblaynaturesource communicationsPO Box 3019 | Boscawen NH 03303603.796.2615 | 796.2600 fax | 902.218.2291 Canadawww.naturesource.net | www.linkedin.com/pub/michele-l-tremblay/22/869/523Follow us on Facebook and Twitter