The RFP deadline for this grant opportunity has been extended!
The New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) is soliciting project proposals to address nonpoint source (NPS) pollution through the development of a watershed-based plan in a priority, water supply watershed that has a documented sodium and/or chloride impairment. Projects must develop a sodium and chloride-based watershed restoration plan to address sodium and chloride and other NPS problems (if warranted) and must include a quantitative plan for assessing progress and watershed-based implementation success in the future. The watershed-based plan must have a clear water quality goal and either include the nine, minimum elements (a) through (i) required by the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for watershed-based plans (Appendix A) or develop an EPA and NHDES approved alternative plan that focuses upon sodium and chloride as priority pollutants in an impacted surface or groundwater drinking water source.
- Watershed Assistance Planning Grant for Sodium Chloride in Drinking Water Information Package
- Watershed Assistance Planning Grant for Sodium Chloride in Drinking Water Proposal
- Appendix B: New Hampshire Priority Drinking Water Supply Watersheds – 2022
A Project Proposal Consultation is REQUIRED.
The Project Proposal submittal deadline is 4:00pm on March 10, 2023.
- Stephen Landry at (603) 271-2969 or email@example.com
- Melissa Macheras at (603) 271-2950 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The original post can be found here: NH Watershed Protection and Restoration Forum (state.nh.us)