The Lakes Region Planning Commission, in collaboration with the NH Department of Environmental Services, is pleased to present:
MAKING PROGRESS TO PROTECT DRINKING WATER RESOURCES IN THE LAKES REGION:
A workshop highlighting innovative local efforts to preserve drinking water resources and protect public health
Friday, September 21, 2012, 8:45 AM – 3:30 PM
Meredith Community Center, 1 Circle Drive, Meredith, NH
You are invited to join us as local and state experts speak on a wide variety of Sourcewater Protection topics including:
- Salt and Groundwater, Jeffrey Marts, Emery and Garrett Groundwater, Inc.
- Three Recent Initiatives to Protect Drinking Water in the City of Laconia, Shanna Saunders, City of Laconia
- Meredith’s Innovative Approach to Managing Septic Systems, Angela LaBreque, Town of Meredith
- Site-level Residential Stormwater Management, Jillian McCarthy, NH DES and Andrea Lamoreaux, NH Lakes Association
- Building Awareness through Public Well Testing Events in Tuftonboro, Steve Wingate, Tuftonboro Conservation Commission and Pierce Rigrod, NH DES
Please take a look at the full AGENDA at http://lakesrpc.org/documents/pdfs/drinkwater_agenda.pdf
- Admission is only $10 (includes refreshments and lunch).
- Attendees are eligible to receive 5 technical contact hours under the NH Water Works Operator Certification Program
- To register, simply fill in our registration form at http://lakesrpc.org/drinking_water_signup.asp or give us a call at 279-8171.
Please contact us if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you next Friday.
Lakes Region Planning Commission
103 Main Street, Suite 3
Meredith, NH 03253
(603) 279-0200 fax
Our mission is to provide a quality environment, to increase economic opportunity, and to encourage cultural development by supporting local efforts with education, technical assistance, information, advocacy, and responsive representation.