A virtual information session was held on Wednesday, February 2, 2022, from 6:30 to 8:00 PM, EST, where the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) discussed its health consultation report that describes PFAS levels in private wells near the Saint Gobain Site in Merrimack, New Hampshire. The report evaluates the potential exposure to PFAS and possible health risks for people with private wells in five New Hampshire towns (Merrimack, Litchfield, Londonderry, Bedford, and Manchester).
If you were unable to attend or wish to review the recorded presentation online, visit this link to the recording.
As ATSDR’s local partners, NHDES and NHDHHS are happy to have been part of the meeting. Several questions came up during the meeting that could best be answered by members of New Hampshire’s state agencies. We have provided a PDF including contact information for NHDES and NHDHHS staff. If you’re not sure who to contact, there is no wrong number – we will connect you to the right person.
Below are links to a variety of resources, including the draft report that was discussed Wednesday night.
Please note that questions and comments made Wednesday night were not recorded as official public comment. To be recorded, comments must be submitted by March 1, 2022, in writing by emailing ATSDRRecordsCenter@cdc.gov, or mailing to: ATSDR Records Center, 4770 Buford Highway NE, Mailstop: S-102-2, Chamblee, GA 30341. Questions about the report or ATSDR’s resources can be directed to Captain Tarah Somers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ATSDR Evaluation of PFAS in Private Wells Near the St. Gobain Performance Plastics Site in Southern NH
- ATSDR Summary Report- PFAS in Private Wells Near SGB in Southern NH
- ATSDR Website on PFAS and Your Health
- ATSDR Clinician Information and Guidance
- ATSDR PFAS Factsheet for Clinicians
- PFAS Investigation Private Well Testing Request Form
- Water Treatment Options
- PFAS Removal Rebate Program for Private Wells
NH DHHS Resources:
- Merrimack Village District (MVD) Community Exposure Assessment Summary Report
- NHDHHS Data Portal- PFAS Blood Testing and Community Exposure
- NH Insurance Department 2022 PFAS Blood Testing FAQs
- Merrimack Village District Water Works (MVD)
- Dartmouth College PFAS Fact Sheet and FAQ
- To contact Representative Rosemarie Rung: Rosemarie.Rung@leg.state.nh.us
- To contact Representative Bill Boyd: Bill.Boyd@leg.state.nh.us
For more information, please contact Robert Thistle, New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) at (603) 271-4608.