NHDES is now accepting pre-applications for the 2019 Clean Water State Revolving Fund (CWSRF) for wastewater, stormwater and nonpoint source projects. CWSRF funding is available for water pollution control, watershed protection and restoration, and estuary management projects that contribute to the protection of public health and water quality.
Deadline for CWSRF pre-applications is Friday, June 14th.
CWSRF Pre-application: http://des.nh.gov/organization/divisions/water/wweb/documents/srf_preapp.doc
Principal forgiveness (PF) for loan recipients continues in 2019!
Expected subsidy from the 2019 CWSRF capitalization grant to be pooled with uncommitted allotments from previous grants to distribute the maximum financial benefit statewide.
While funds are available, the CWSRF is offering principal forgiveness for a broad range of activities- summarized below- please read the attached 2019 CWSRF Pre-App Announcement for more detail, and contact us with questions!
- Once 2019 pre-applications and all 2018 loan applications are received, NHDES will be able to determine the percentages available for 2019 projects. This process includes consideration of the number and dollar amount of pre-applications from the various communities in NH, and is based on affordability criteria including sewer user charge rates, median household income, population and unemployment data.
- Planning Evaluations: 100% principal forgiveness up to $75,000 https://www.des.nh.gov/organization/divisions/water/wweb/documents/cwsrf-stormwater-wastewater-guidance.pdf
- Asset Management: 100% principal forgiveness up to $30,000 https://www.des.nh.gov/organization/divisions/water/dwgb/asset-managment/documents/cwsrf-am-guide.pdf
- Energy Audits: up to $20,000 (no loan required) NHDES is contracting directly for the services to provide comprehensive energy audits for both wastewater treatment facilities and pumping stations. Loan agreements are not required to receive up to $20,000 for energy audits and related expenses.
- Septage Receiving Facilities: 20% principal forgiveness up to $200,000
- Brown Grease Receiving Facilities: 50% principal forgiveness up to $300,000
- Comprehensive Energy Audit Measure Implementation: 50% principal forgiveness up to $200,000
- WASTEWATER STATE AID GRANT PROGRAM
NHDES is now accepting pre-applications for the Wastewater State Aid Grant (SAG) Program. SAG pre-applications may be submitted regardless of funding source (i.e., project does not have to be paid for with CWSRF funds). Please submit pre-applications for projects that will be completed by June 30, 2023.
Deadline for SAG pre-applications is Friday, June 14th.
2018 loan applications are due June 30, 2019. For projects that do not go forward by this date, be sure to submit new pre-applications so those projects can be considered for this year’s financial incentive package.
August 1st SRF Public Hearing – An annual public hearing on the 2019 Draft Intended Use Plan (IUP) and Project Priority List (PPL) for the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) and CWSRF programs and the Wastewater SAG priority list will be held at NHDES beginning at 9 a.m. The IUP and PPL describe how NHDES intends to use the available SRF funds. Please stay tuned for more information.