Deadline: Thursday May 27, 2021
Potential funding of $5 million or more for planning or implementation of environmental projects in the Long Island Sound watershed (CT, MA NH, NY, VT). Grant range $50k-$1m.
Priorities & Geographies?
Connecticut and New York grants available for:
- Clean Waters and Healthy Watersheds – projects to reduce nutrient loading, combined sewer overflows, stormwater runoff, and nonpoint source loading.
- Sustainable and Resilient Communities – projects to increase the knowledge and engagement of the public in protection and restoration of the Sound.
- Community Coastal Resilience – projects to enhance coastal resilience with natural and green-gray infrastructure.
- Thriving Habitats and Abundant Wildlife – Projects to restore coastal habitats and foster fish and wildlife in the coastal boundaries of CT and NY.
In the Upper Basin of the Long Island Sound Watershed (CT, MA, NH and VT) grants available for:
- Water quality – projects to prevent or reduce nitrogen loading such as enhancing riparian forested buffer/channel, in-stream restoration, reducing agricultural runoff, low-cost retrofits at wastewater treatment facilities, etc.
Share a Project Idea! Questions?
Send a paragraph or two describing who, what, where, when, why, and approximately how much or send along questions to: Erin.Lewis@nfwf.org.