Title: Environmental Analyst VI – Clean Water Initiative Program, Limited Service
Overview: The Clean Water Initiative Program (CWIP) is seeking a highly motivated individual who is knowledgeable and passionate about clean water with technical, organizational, and communications skills. CWIP funds, manages, tracks, and reports on projects to restore Vermont’s waters, and communicates progress toward meeting water quality restoration goals. CWIP is leading an innovative collaboration of state agencies, municipalities, local and regional partners to address pollution from agriculture, roads, developed lands, and wastewater and to restore and protect natural resources. Sustaining this collaborative effort is imperative to achieving Vermont’s clean water goals. This position plays a central role in getting State of Vermont clean water dollars on the ground to support grant/contract recipients implementing projects with measurable water quality improvements. This position is responsible for developing and implementing State of Vermont clean water funding initiatives, overseeing implementation of CWIP’s annual Funding Policy and Spending Plan, and ensuring accuracy, transparency, and efficiency in management of these funds.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Support CWIP Manager in development and implementation of annual clean water funding initiatives and priorities to restore and protect Vermont’s surface waters, including development and implementation of grant programs required under the Clean Water Service Delivery Act (Act 76 of 2019).
- Support CWIP Manager in development of CWIP’s annual Funding Policy and Spending Plan, which describes annual funding priorities and initiatives and eligibility requirements.
- Oversee implementation of funding initiatives in CWIP’s annual Spending Plan, in coordination with DEC Technical Project Managers and Grants Management Specialists. This includes establishing timelines for competitive project procurement and grant/contract agreement development, as well as monitoring funding initiatives to ensure compliance with the CWIP Funding Policy.
- Oversee effective communication of CWIP funding opportunities and conduct education, outreach, and training on CWIP’s annual Funding Policy to maximize support and participation of clean water project proponents and prospective/current grant/contract recipients.
- Serve as a clean water Technical Project Manager overseeing grant/contract agreements. This includes establishing scope of work for competitive project procurement and for incorporation in grant/contract agreements, as well as reviewing and approving deliverables for payment.
- Support CWIP manager in providing staff support to the Vermont Clean Water Board and the annual clean water budget process.
- Support crosscutting CWIP team functions, including incorporation of improved environmental justice and diversity, equity, and inclusion practices in CWIP’s work, as well as clean water project tracking, communications, and annual reporting.
Please contact Emily with questions.
Emily Bird | Manager (she/her)
Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation
Water Investment Division, Clean Water Initiative Program
1 National Life Drive, Davis 3 | Montpelier, VT 05602