Soak Up the Rain New England Webinar Series:
Reaching Public Consensus: Stormwater Funding in Ashland, MA
Tuesday, May 14th, 1:30 PM-3:00 PM EST
This webinar will explore the town of Ashland’s three-year effort to adopt and implement a municipal stormwater enterprise fund. Ashland is located in the Metrowest region of Massachusetts with a population of more than 16,500 over 12.9 square miles. One of the greatest challenges for New England municipalities with a Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4s) is reaching consensus on stormwater program funding to support implementation of permit requirements. During this webinar, three Ashland town officials will describe their experiences establishing a stormwater enterprise fund for their community. Presenters will discuss the drivers and key steps taken to establish a stormwater enterprise fund; the strategies employed and lessons learned while developing and implementing a stormwater funding program; and recommendations for program implementation and operation. The webinar will also explain the critical roles of stakeholder involvement, creative partnerships, and meaningful public outreach to generate support for funding solutions.
- Maeghan Dos Anjos, Conservation Agent/Director, Town of Ashland, Massachusetts
- Rob St. Germain, Chair, Stormwater Advisory Committee, Town of Ashland, Massachusetts
- Evan White, Project Engineer, Department of Public Works, Town of Ashland, Massachusetts
Click here to register: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/9071694805589877506
Who Should Attend:
Municipal decision makers/planners and Department of Public Works (DPW) staff, environmental organizations, practitioners, educators, and interested citizens – anyone who is considering a new project or looking to build on an existing program.
About the Webinar Series
The Soak up the Rain Webinar Series highlights innovative approaches to addressing stormwater in New England, presented by leaders from around the region.
- Hear about stormwater public outreach resources and programs;
- See who’s soaking up the rain as we showcase green infrastructure projects and programs;
- Learn about the latest tools and resources from EPA and others for implementing and promoting green infrastructure; and
- Engage with others as we share information about successes, barriers, and lessons learned while implementing green infrastructure in New England communities.