Executive Director of the Acton Wakefield Watersheds Alliance (AWWA)
The Executive Director (ED) manages all aspects of operations, programming, development, finances, marketing, and communications to implement and oversee the AWWA mission: “…to protect and restore water quality to maintain the social, economic, and environmental stability in our towns and in the region”; and realizes its vision that “Water quality in the Towns of Wakefield, NH and Acton, ME supports ecosystem health and community wellbeing.”
The ED takes direction from the Board of Directors. With the Board the ED guides AWWA to inspire local community, business and government leaders to support the AWWA mission. Related goals involve fundraising, grant management, water quality project implementation, summer Youth Conservation Corps oversight, and educational programs.
The right candidate will be a seasoned self-starter with experience in the following areas:
- 10 years business, engineering and/or environmental science
- Environmental knowledge and passion for watersheds, stormwater management, lake and stream ecology and invasive species
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Effective people management and motivational creativity
- Broad computer knowledge over a range of software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, WordPress, GIS software, etc)
- Budget and financial management
Click here for the full job description:
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume and contact info for at least three references to lindaschier@AWwatersheds.org by February 28, 2019.
The position is full-time with a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
The Acton Wakefield Watersheds Alliance is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer based in Union, NH.