Advocacy Program Coordinator
Part-time, 24 hours per week. Expected to start January 1, 2018
The New Hampshire Lakes Association (NH LAKES), is a statewide, member-supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Its mission is to inspire responsible care and use of New Hampshire’s lakes to keep them healthy for the benefit of current and future generations. Among its programs and strategies, NH LAKES advocates in the public arena, at the federal, state, and local level, for laws, policies, and programs to achieve its mission of ensuring the long term health of New Hampshire’s approximately 1,000 lakes and ponds.
NH LAKES currently seeks an Advocacy Program Coordinator to help further develop and to implement its Advocacy Program. NH LAKES is in the process of expanding its presence in the New Hampshire Legislature and expanding its services to its local partners working at each lake and at the community level. NH LAKES has an energetic work environment which relies on creativity, communication, and collaboration.
The Advocacy Program Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the President of NH LAKES with the implementation and ongoing development of the organization’s Public Policy and Advocacy Program.
Major Programmatic Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate, and cooperatively implement the legislative strategy of NH LAKES
- Develop, coordinate, and cooperatively implement NH LAKES grassroots advocacy program
- Develop and cooperatively implement the local, community-based Advocacy Program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse membership and constituency throughout New Hampshire
- Ability to develop and make effective and dynamic presentations
- Superior written, verbal, email, attention to detail, and telephone communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office and G Suite (Google Apps)
- Strong organizational skills, an attention to detail, and an ability to handle shifting priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree in an area directly supportive of the NH LAKES Advocacy Program
- At least 3 years of work experience in a field related to the mission of NH LAKES
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable automobile
- Compensation is commensurate with experience and the responsibility of this position.
To Apply: No phone calls please. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Advocacy Program Coordinator in the subject line. Applicant review begins November 1.
Celebrating 25 years of protecting the lakes and ponds of New Hampshire. 14 Horseshoe Pond Lane, Concord, NH 03301
603.226.0299 . email@example.com . www.nhlakes.org