2016 Drinking Water Source Protection Conference
On Wednesday, May 11, the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) will hold its 2016 Drinking Water Source Protection Conference at the Grappone Conference Center in Concord, NH from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm. This conference is the largest drinking water source protection event in New England is the only statewide event focused solely on how to protect local sources of drinking water. REGISTER and view the full AGENDA at the American Ground Water Trust’s website http://www.agwt.org/ (click on “Events”).
Scientists, water system managers, environmental managers, state and local officials will discuss a variety of source protection topics including statewide surface water quality trends, climate change impacts on water resources, research on contaminants of emerging concern, and case studies that highlight successful local efforts to protect drinking water. Topics will include:
- Climate Change in New Hampshire: Floods and Drought on the Horizon
- Emerging Drinking Water Contaminants in Portsmouth and The Region
- Targeting Watershed-Scale Conservation in the White Mountain Region of NH: Success Stories and Lessons Learned
- When Wandering Rivers Meet Critical Infrastructure: Rivers, River Restoration, and Your Drinking Water Supply
- Soak Up the Rain New Hampshire: Building Resilient Landscapes at the Grass Roots
- Case Study Using Innovative “On-Board” GPS Technologies to Reduce Salt Applications on Roads
The conference fee is $55 and includes lunch and refreshments. To register, visit the registration webpage at: http://www.agwt.org/civicrm/event/info?reset=1&id=213 For questions about the registration process, please contact Win Saltmarsh (email@example.com, 603-228-5444) at the American Ground Water Trust. For other conference related questions, please contact Amy Hudnor (firstname.lastname@example.org or 603-271-2950) at NHDES.
Amy Hudnor, Program Planner
Drinking Water and Groundwater Bureau
NH Department of Environmental Services
29 Hazen Drive/PO Box 95
Concord, NH 03302-0095
Phone: (603) 271-2950