FYI: This free workshop will focus on the fundamentals of construction site inspections.
November 19, 8:00 – 12:00, Great Bay Discovery Center, Greenland, NH
Audience: Representatives from New Hampshire communities interested in learning new MS4 requirements for construction inspection. New EPA regional MS4 permits will require municipal permittees to conduct their own inspections at active construction sites (in addition to the inspections required by the permittee of a construction general permit). Information will be provided that will also help a participant prepare to take the CESSWI or CISEC certifications.
Learning Outcomes of a successful workshop would include:
- Proper preparation before an inspection;
- Procedures for inspecting a construction site;
- Confidence to enter a construction site to conduct an erosion and sediment control related inspection;
- Knowledge of what to look for to identify a properly installed BMP versus one that is not and how to identify maintenance and repair issues;
- How to properly document and follow-up on inspection; and
- An understanding of how to determine permit compliance.
Instructor: Michael Harding, CPESC, CESSWI is one of the leading technical experts in the erosion control and storm water industries. He specializes in Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan development, implementation, inspection and compliance and has developed courses and frequently instructs on these subjects. Mr. Harding over 35 years experience in erosion and sediment control, resource management, mined land reclamation, wildlife habitat development, and nonpoint source pollution control both in the United States and overseas. Mr. Harding is one of the nation’s leaders in the evaluation, research, development, and application of cost-effective erosion control materials and techniques, and is a Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC).