2019 LAC Workshop
Saturday, March 23, 2019
29 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH
The New Hampshire Rivers Council and the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) jointly hosted a workshop for LAC members on Saturday, March 23, 2019. Information and materials presented at the Workshop are posted below.
Aquatic Resources Mitigation Fund
- ARM Fund Presentation
- Beyond the Beaver Dam: The Success of the NHDES Aquatic Resources Mitigation Fund – Background information on the ARM Fund.
- Funding Mitigation Opportunities
- Aquatic Restoration Mapper
Wetland Rule Revisions
- Wetlands Rule Update Presentation
- Wetland Rules (Env-Wt 100-900) Initial Proposal – Full text of the proposed rules.
Schoolhouse Rock: I’m Just a (Rivers) Bill
Understanding Construction Project Plans
- Understanding Construction Plans Presentation
- Understanding Construction Plans Outline
- Example Pages from UNH Construction Plans
- AoT Permit Checklist
LAC Communications and Social Media
2017 LAC Workshop
Saturday, May 13, 2017
NHDES 29 Hazen Drive, Concord, NH
The New Hampshire Rivers Council and the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) jointly hosted a workshop for LAC members on Saturday, May 13th. Information and materials presented at the Workshop are posted below.
Permit/Project Application Review
- LAC Sample Intervention Checklist DRAFT
- Permit Types and LAC Review Time 2017
- Steve Landry’s Top Ten List of Project Requests
This list represents recommendations that LACs can request on proposed projects to reduce the impact of the project. These recommendations are outside of NHDES’ permit requirements, but can be beneficial to the river and its inhabitants.
- UMRLAC Permit Application Review Guidance Document
Diversify and Inspire Your LAC
- Where The Young Things Are – follow up materials
- Cold River LAC: Warren Brook Restoration Post Flood 2005
Students and Teachers Help – Media Coverage of the Project
- Ashuelot River LAC: Helpful Tips for River Clean-Up Projects
- Lamprey River LAC: Outreach Project Ideas
Pre- and Post- Workshop Quiz Results
2014 LAC Mini-Workshop
Saturday, November 15, 2014, 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Conservation Center, 54 Portsmouth St., Concord
The New Hampshire Rivers Council and the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services (NHDES) jointly hosted a half-day workshop for LAC members on November 15, 2014. The workshop focused on recent improvements made to the LAC Permit Application Notification Process, a joint effort between NHDES staff and LAC members.
2014 LAC Workshop Agenda
2014 LAC Permit Process Improvement Presentation
NHDES-LRMP Permit Application Flow Chart
Table of Permit Types and LAC Review Time (Final version, 2015)
Excerpts from LAC Permit Review Guidance 2014.11.15
Right-to-Know Law Summary