The WaterSense Label
Save water, save energy, and save money! Similar to ENERGY STAR labeled products, WaterSense labeled products are certified to meet strict water efficency and performance goals. You are gauranteed to save, without sacrificing performance.
How to Find WaterSense Labeled Products
The WaterSense label is visible on product packaging making it easy to identify water efficient products while shopping at your local home store. Many WaterSense retail partners, such as Lowes and Home Depot, will also include the label in displays. If you prefer shopping for kitchen and bath products at a more specialized store, ask what products are WaterSense certified. As many well-known manufacturers offer customer catalogues and website pages specific to their WaterSense labeled products, this information should be readily available.
What it Means
- Perform as well or better than their less efficient counterparts.
- Are 20 percent more water efficient than average products in that category.
- Realize water savings on a national level.
- Provide measurable water savings results.
- Achieve water efficiency through several technology options.
- Are effectively differentiated by the WaterSense label.
- Obtain independent, third-party certification.
For companies to use the label, they must sign a WaterSense partnership agreement. Among other things, the partnership agreement defines the roles and responsibilities of EPA and the partnering organization, as well as proper use of the label on products, on packaging, and in marketing and other promotional materials.
WaterSense Product Types
The WaterSense label can be found on products for the home, including:
- Bathroom sink faucets and accessories
- New homes
- Weather-based Irrigation Controllers
The WaterSense label also appears on professional certification programs for landscape irrigation professionals. These WaterSense labeled programs verify professional proficiency in water-efficient irrigation system design, installation/maintenance, and auditing.
WaterSense is continually working to expand the number of products and service programs that qualify for the label. Visit the pipeline to preview products and services that WaterSense is currently developing specifications for.